Oldham Flood clean up & re-instatement.
MSL’s fire and flood restoration team were called into action to assist with a clients office which fell victim to a major flood. MSL were requested to despatch a drainage team and a clean up team to site, who worked tirelessly to clean and dry all affected areas.
- Site had a major flood which left 12 ground floor offices out of use before Christmas
- MSL Drainage and Clean up teams attended to clean and dry affected areas.
- Staff were temporarily re allocated to other buildings
- The client had the existing flooring lifted and disposed then the building dried out
- MSL attended on an agreed schedule for each room to screed and re-lay new hard flooring
- Old demountable partitions were replaced, damaged ceiling tiles were removed & the rooms decorated.
- A small canteen for night staff was established.
Work had to be scheduled around a timetable where the client emptied the room of furniture/fixture and fittings, we then went in to screed and lay new flooring. The client then purchased new furniture and set the office back up again for their staff to be reinstated.
Due to the situation that arose the client requested a full CCTV survey to be carried out of its main drains and culverts. This was carried out and a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule was put in place to make sure all the runs are free from debris which will hopefully prevent a repeat of the flood.