Martyn Lumb, one of MSL’s senior engineers is pictured below receiving his IOSH certificate from Jeremy Harrison, MSL Managing Director. Martyn takes an active role in delivering the monthly Toolbox Talks along with van & equipment inspections for the MSL engineers.
Martyn’s IOSH qualification is part of MSL’s staff training & development programme & ongoing commitment to health & safety.
IOSH Managing Safely
Successful delegates receive a nationally-recognised IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
The course comprises eight modules:
- Introduction and overview
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Health and safety legislation
- Common hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Environmental protection
Assessments are designed to evaluate delegates’ understanding of basic health and safety. Assessments include a 45-minute written paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions, plus a practical risk assessment project.
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Nationally recognised and respected certification
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment