Natasha Crossley, our MSL Safepartner Scheme Administrator, has now attained the IOSH Managing Safely qualification. One of Natasha’s key roles is administering the accreditation of contractors to the MSL Safepartner scheme.
Nigel Scott, an MSL surveyor who recently joined the company, carries out site visits looking at the quality of workmanship and also Health & Safety audits of jobs in progress being performed by both our own engineers and the MSL Safepartners. He too attended the same course and also achieved the IOSH qualification.
Course attendance and the qualification underline MSL’s commitment to its staff training and development programme and demonstrate our ongoing commitment to Health & Safety.
In order to receive this nationally recognised certificate, both Natasha and Nigel had to complete a written paper consisting of around 20 questions along with a practical Risk Assessment Project.
The course comprises eight modules:
- Introduction and overview
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Health and safety legislation
- Common hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Environmental protection
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Nationally recognised and respected certification
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment