MSL recently undertook a project to refresh an old and worn canteen area for one of their clients.
We received the request as follows:
“To design, programme and implement a refurbishment of the client’s main on site canteen. The canteen was looking old and worn and was in need of a makeover. To meet the client’s budget careful consideration had to be given to the specification scope and choice of materials. The work had to be planned around busy usage periods at breakfast, dinner & tea times and performed to stringent H&S stipulations.”
Using this information we determined the following:
- Working in a live Café environment around set times for on-site staff
- Barrier off central area so staff could still use the facilities
- Set up scaffolds to carry out painting internally over staircase areas and high level tower usage
- Take up the existing floors and replace with new
- Re laminate all the existing tables
- Remove the old chairs and supply and install new
Upon completion i’m sure you will agree the canteen looks much fresher and cleaner than before. Meeting the clients expectations with regard to the time frame agreed, carefully planning work times, working out of hours when required this project was successful.
Take a look at some before & after pictures below:
For more information on project work we undertake here at MSL take a look at our Case Studies page here.