Extensive Fire Damage To Halifax Store.
MSL’s fire and flood restoration service have extensive experience of supporting clients through the devastating impact that a fire or flood can reap on their business and staff. Detailed below is a timeline of events that took place when one of our clients contacted MSL with a smell of burning:
- Site contacted MSL 28th December 2016 after alerting the fire service, as there was a smell of burning (attendance as emergency 2 hour response)
- We arrived on site 30 minutes after the call was placed to find that the fire services were already on site extinguishing the fire and isolating the plant room
- The electricians requested that senior management/surveyor to attend as the damage was extensive
- Andy Thomson (MSL Operations Director) attended site to assess the full extent of the damage and communicated directly with the client head of property establishing that the site had to close due to the extent of the fire damage
- Site staff were re allocated to other stores in the region
- The full extent of the damage was assessed which required National Grid/BT/British Gas/Yorkshire Water to determine any damage to the incoming services.
- MSL had to then send in a clean up team to clean the affected back areas (Canteen, plant room, corridors, toilets, offices) and remove all waste from site
- The full distribution board, emergency lighting, circuits and electrical components had to be replaced
- Ceiling tiles, flooring, door and door frames, were all evaluated and replaced/refurbished as necessary, and all damaged walls re-plastered and decorated.
- Because of the electrical issue which started the fire the client requested a full periodic electrical test carried out. This was completed and as a result a number of Code 1 & Code 2 faults were established which were also rectified in accordance with BS 7671 (IET Wiring Regulations Seventeenth Edition)
- Site re-opened to trade again on Monday 16th January 2017