We have provided a range of maintenance services to this client’s retail sites throughout the UK, historically. When we got the call to help at their new head office in Stockport for an exciting challenge, we jumped at the chance. The new head offices were close to completion and we had to operate and work around the main contractor to complete this Project “with a difference”.
The client was moving into a new office development where they needed a dog exercise section to the side of the building. We attended site to see if we could help with the request not knowing the urgency of it. We had to get some budget figures over to them that day with an imminent start date. This was in place within 24hrs when we had to commence straight away with the project.
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
- The client had a drawing of what they required including a number of dog agility equipment which they had ordered and for us to build and install
- We had to strip the area of the reinforced plastic grate infills (as this potentially could have injured the dogs exercising in this area)
- We installed gates to both ends with fencing that had swipe card access
- Gravelled areas with sleepers and new turf was laid to the full area
- Concrete slabs were positioned for the external furniture
- The dog agility equipment was installed and ready to be handed over and used
We had to contend with the weather and coordinate the clients deliveries of the equipment (some from the UK and abroad) the completion of the work had to coincide with the client taking occupancy of the new offices. This was achieved and the client and all their staff were highly delighted with what had been achieved in such a short time enabling both staff and dogs to enjoy the area