The client was moving all its Dublin warehouse operations from three sites into one building requiring a reconfiguration of space and to identify and utilise items/materials within the buildings into the new scheme.
MSL were requested to disassemble the equipment identified and install in the newly configured warehouse area including a number of steel cage panels, Kee-Klamp and floor protection angles.
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
- De-rig and utilise as much material that could be reused in the new building
- Due to the clients business, they utilised their transport to collect and deliver the stripped out materials from the three sites to the new warehouse
- We had to attend over two visits due to new machinery being positioned within the warehouse
- Extra materials had to be purchased (kee-klamp hand rails and floor angle protection) from a supplier in Dublin. The supplier was extremely helpful cutting the kee-klamp to the sizes required which speeded up the install
- Re used cages were fitted as per the clients requirements and drawings provided
- New Kee-Klamp handrails and angle floor protection were fitted around the newly installed machinery
Due to the equipment required to carry out the project, we decided to go over on the ferry with the MSL van from Holly Head. The client’s wagons and steel deliveries were coordinated around the programme over the two attendances. These were successful although the client had decided to go operational before our second attendance, this having a few issues with H&S. These were evaluated with the clients H&S team on site and our RAMS had to be adjusted to suit the new live operation. These were agreed and the install continued to the clients and project manager satisfaction.