To carry out FRA works after the clients internal audit and also make the existing metal fire exit staircase secure from potential break in’s
- To fit bespoke metal caging to the back of the store onto the existing brickwork wall
- Make and fit metal cage with metal door to form part of the fire escape from the upper floor which is also the deterrent for potential intruders
- Fit free standing none intrusive edge protection to flat roof
- Paint yellow directional lines from fire exit door to the existing metal fire escape staircase
- Re weld/re condition all the existing metal stair treads to the fire escape staircase and prepare to decorate
Although the client had to provide ourselves with the original information to cost the works, we had a site meeting with the building surveyor and H&S manager to re asses the requirements. There were some major changes which were adapted and implemented into the suggested works. Due to the fire officer carrying out a re visit the work had to be started straight away. The bulk of the works involved fabricating the metal cages, welding and grinding on site, requiring the preparation of a full RAMS covering appropriate fire extinguishers and 2 hour after works fire watch. The work was successfully completed and signed off by the client and the H&S/Fire officer
Find out more about our Planned Maintenance Services.